Made for hikarus
1. Draw cone shape with ends starting at the boobs. The more slender the cone, the smaller the waist. Make it longer or shorter depending on the character's height. If it helps, think of the cone as representing the rib cage.
2. Draw the hips as an ellipse that is the same length as the width of the shoulders. Make sure it over laps the cone a little
3. (Four can be done before or after this, it may be easier to do it before) Draw a curved line from the top of the cone to the curve of the ellipse. You may or may not want to start this line a little way in from the curve of the boob ellipse depending on the characters chest size. The closer the curved line follows the edges of the cone, the more extreme the curves (also the smaller the waist). The pen tool is really handy for this step so if you have trouble, try using it.
4. Draw the thighs as two long ovals that make a sort of V shape between them. Make them longer or shorter depending on the characters height.
5. Yay! Were done with the structural parts, go ahead and finish in your own way
sorry for messy handwriting and spelling errors along with the crappy quality of the drawings. It was quickly done and I'm not a great artist.
Also, I'm not pretending I have any sort of real knowledge about this. I developed this way to do it, but I'm not saying its right. I'm self-taught on all my art, I've never taken classes so this is all from trial and error. I'm probably nowhere near good enough to try to teach anyone anything.